Saturday 10 October 2015

SKIMO'S RANTS: How does one fit such Big Family into a Small Wedding?


A few months back, a friend of mine informed me about her wedding and of course, I would be on the train. Remember ‘the bridesmaid’s dilemna’? LOL….view here if you missed it.
But really this wasn’t a dilemma. No bridesmaid dress!!

We got talking about the wedding plans and she told me her church wedding would consist of the couple and parents alone! I was like…huh?
Not even the chief bridesmaid or best man would be present. I recall some of the other bridesmaids advising her to take her chief bridesmaid along or ensure her dress would comfortable enough for her to handle. She was adamant.

xxxx

Many of us have unique ideas for our weddings for one reason or the other. It could be because you just wanna be different or maybe spiritual, family or personal reasons. Whatever the case may be, we are all entitled to our decisions.

While the idea of a small wedding may sound cool, I am not one to go by it. Really, there’s nothing nicer than having your 50-100 guests locked up and spread across a small setting. Its perfect organization is almost ever certain. Everybody comes in by invitation.


But when I begin to think of all the people I would want to be present at my wedding (and all the people my PARENTS, AUNTS AND UNCLES would want present), I always end up with this question:

‘How does one possibly fit such huge family into a small wedding?’

I never get answers. Why?...because I actually like big weddings!

Small weddings can be all 'panash' and organized, but really, I still want my ‘big fairy wedding’. Yh…that’s right!

We shall pray and fast.

No weapon formed against us will prosper!

The wedding will hold.

Everybody will eat well and return home with smiles on their faces.

….and we shall live happily ever after!


LOL. That's just me thinking out loud.....


Anyone who likes big weddings like me? Yh...i see you!

Cheers guys!

YS; Ogunrinde Olayemi

No comments:

Post a Comment